7 Days Lemosho Route
The Kilimanjaro climb-lemosho route 7 days itinerary is an is the best for acclimatization.The remote is less used and beautiful way up to the Shira Plateau. The route is one of the few where groups may be accompanied on the first day by an armed ranger, as the forests around the Lemosho Glades are inhabited by buffalo, elephant and other wildlife.
The minimum duration for the Lemosho route is 6 days, however we strongly recommend hiking the route in 7 days. The additional 7th day will give your body more time to acclimatize, reducing the effects of altitude sickness and give you more time to rest before attempting the summit.
DAY 1: Lemosho-Londorosi gate – Mti Mkubwa Camp 7days Kilimanjaro climb lemosho route itinerary
Breakfast, Drive to the gate of Londorosi for a few minute of registration and other formalities. The 4WD will take you further up to Lemosho glades, thereafter you can walk for about 4hrs to Mti Mkubwa Campsite (9,200ft) Dinner and overnight at the camp, B.L.D.
DAY 2: Mti-Mkubwa Camp – Shira I Camp
Breakfast, leave the Mti Mkubwa campsite for Shira plateau (11,550ft), walking through the moorland steepenning track. Dinner and Overnight at the Shira I Camp, B.L.D.
DAY 3: Shira I Camp – Shira II Camp
Breakfast, hike across the high desert to Shira II camp (12,220ft) with significant acclimatization effect as we goes up the mountain. B, L, D.
DAY 4: Shira II Camp – Baranco Hut
After breakfast, we leave Shira II for Baranco hut (13,100ft). We will pass through the last water drop at Karanga valley on the way up. Overnight Baranco hut, B, L, D.
DAY 5: Baranco Hut – Barafu Hut
After breakfast, we leave Baranco hut for Barafu hut (14,910ft). We will pass through the last water drop at Karanga valley on the way up. Overnight Barafu hut, B, L, D.
DAY 6: Barafu Hut – Stell Point – Uhuru Peak – Mweka Hut
Wake up at midnight, and after a small snack, start ascending to Uhuru Peak through the Stella point (18,640ft), then after reaching the summit, we will head down to Mweka hut (10,100ft) for dinner and overnight, B, L, D.
Day 7: Mweka Hut – Mweka gate
After breakfast, we will head down to Mweka gate with picnic lunch box, and our representative will be waiting for clearance from park authority and thereafter transfer you to a hotel in Moshi
Included in this tour:
- 2 nights hotel accommodatin at Sal salinero hotel
- Quality, waterproof mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees and Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Mess tents with table and chairs:
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:
- Clean, purified drinking water:
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters:
- Sleeping Mattress
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.